Poll

VOTE YES FOR NEW 2012 SERVER!!

yes
5 (83.3%)
No
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 23, 2011, 11:35:38 PM

Author Topic: NEW SERVER 2012!! VOTE FOR ACCEPTION!  (Read 1993 times)

jossek123

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NEW SERVER 2012!! VOTE FOR ACCEPTION!
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:33:29 PM »
Hellooo and welcome To this topic

First of all guys A MERRY CHRISTMASS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

We changed the forum to a new style like the Christmass style and we hope you like it! ::)

Seccond of all thing and things happend on the server... Things went bad and there changed many things.

So we tought about a new start for next year!
So not only simple reset the maps.. But YES...... a BIG restart!

What i mean to you guys is that thing will change and we want to get the server back to their old times.. Like a oldtimer... ;)

So the idea is to delete de ranks.. and make new one..

Why minecraft is maked? Because it is a game to build things. Servers a made to let people play.. and ranks? they came later.. admins are needed.. But ranks like builders and architects.. That has their exceptions!

So next year we want to start a new server with the following things:

A new rank system!
New maps!
and New players!

Because we don't like that people ask us to rank, ranks are not in the right order.. we want to change the order!
the new order will be:

Build ranks:
1.Banned
2.Guest
3.Trusted
4.Creator

5.Builder

6.Advanced-builder

7.Master-builder

8.Architect

Admin ranks:
Operator
Operator+
Semi-Superop
Co-Owner
Superop

The idea is not to rank people anymore with looking to their hours, but only how are THEY, how THEY react and do WE TRUST THEM?

So on this way we will look to people skills, the previous idea for the ranking system was not bad.. but not good developed!

Still 2 operators will check 1 freebuild!

And 3th of all/4th?
People don't need ranks now to build.. They can build always.

But to reach the rank "Trusted" people need to do more things.. some people will get fast trusted. and some people will be hard to trust. (this to the admins)

For the rest of all ... "Architect" or "Master-Builder" rank don't has many more advantages then a "Creator" or "Builder" rank.

maby the rank architect got some more advantages because Real archicets are better trained then a normal construction worker.. And you have different kinds of construction workers better trained and not good trained.. So a good construction worker is like a "Master-Builder" and a bad construction worker is like a normal "Builder"

Then at last you have the handyman.. that is like your father or mother at home who are building their own roof.. So that is a "Creator".

So that was the information till now on!

Write down your ideas/questions or "YES" / "NO" down here and you will see a Sprankling NEW 2012!! SERVER!

Best wisches for u and good luck with snowboarding and skiing or your well taken vacation!

Greatings,
Admins (Racnor,Jossek123)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:18:14 AM by jossek123 »

Sandford27

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NEW SERVER 2012!! VOTE FOR ACCEPTION!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:22:31 AM »
So as I said in my other post, I am back and ready for a new year :P
Now also as I said, should we reinstate rook and make less harsh restrictions on early members and think of the exceptions? Like me, I was never a good builder but was real nice and so was ranked for being nice more so than building, another exception would be to the time, a person can't just sit there and build a small hut that is 3x3 to get the time constraint, they should use all that time to make many average builds or one epic build.

Now as for the other thing, should we demote everyone but you, me, jarn, psp and others on the restart and hold a meeting say midnight on the 1st to choose who should really be admin and who should be just a build rank like arch, mb, or some other rank we may create for those we want to show friendliness to but don't feel we need them as admin or if they are inactive they get demoted to this rank? Just a thought, pm me on some more details if you wish.
You don't know me because you don't truly know yourself.

jossek123

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »
That is nice sandford

People can get moderator from creator or builder from now on.. So they don't need to get the rank architect

And we can take out only the active admins.. maby racnor can have a look at this?

Friday this thing will close:P So then we will see if we get a new server.. But it looks like we go for it!

Awesome:)

Greatings,,
jossek123

Sandford27

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
I just had an idea for maps....

Kinda like what you did for your server, you get a small map say 64x32x64 at rank trusted, a 128x64x128 at rank creator, at builder you can choose to get either a large map 512x256x512 and not get a new one until rank mb or arch, or get a (128x128x128 or 256x64x256) and then get their last map at rank ab of (256x256x256 or 512x128x512). We could compile the maps or only allow people to have two at a time, and as they get full they can get reset or maybe if they fill them up fast we just give them a bigger map.....

jossek123

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:19:51 PM »
Hmmm the problem is then that people want rank.. because Why a architect would get a bigger map then a builder? Only because a builder can not build that good will not say that he has to get a smaller map..

jossek123

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
And i am ill :( (sick) So i will not be online for a few days!

Sandford27

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »
That is what I was hoping to avoid by my next thought just now:

We operate the worlds kinda like how WomRealms does in that we don't rank anyone that begs for people to come see their "realm" but instead ops just kind of wander into a world that a person wanted reviewed, and the op that does the initial review only gives criticism. They only get a rank after a consensus of the ops or whoever is online at that moment. If no ops are on when the person is on, they can come to the forums here and post an application, in a new area, for a review of their realm(s). With this, to get rank ranks, more ops will be involved with ranking, we could create a rule saying only one review a week(begging for another=demote), and nicer worlds we could maybe create portals to on the main world or create a showcase world for the top(10 or 15 or even 20) players where guests and lower rankies can go to see some of the bigger better projects to get ideas.

Also, as for another idea I had, change cuboid up a bit, make guests, and the next 2 or 3 ranks work for it, as it should be a powerful command that is only a convenience....not a necessity.

jarnomc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »
no for everyting
omggg coolest server ever!!! greetzios from jarnomc

roxy123

• Global Moderator
  • Dont worry,Be hippie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »
GOOD IDEA :3

BUGSHUGSSS<3

Xx
~Designt in Heaven, Made on Earth ~

Sandford27

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »
To try and keep the freebuilds somewhat cleaner, should we possibly put a max build limit on them? Such as builder or adv to keep archies, creators, mb's, and so forth from using space that should be guests? I only ask as I thought the point behind personal worlds and builders/advbuilders maps was to keep freebuilds clear?

Oh and to get above rank trusted, the people should have to apply to the forums and post a little bit about themselves.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:57:16 PM by Sandford27 »

jossek123

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
To try and keep the freebuilds somewhat cleaner, should we possibly put a max build limit on them? Such as builder or adv to keep archies, creators, mb's, and so forth from using space that should be guests? I only ask as I thought the point behind personal worlds and builders/advbuilders maps was to keep freebuilds clear?

Good idea! I am in! :)

Sandford27

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 03:45:07 PM »
Was thinking again, this time it dealt with cuboid....when I go to other servers cause ours are down, I find some give real low cuboid limits to all but admin, others don't give it at all until 3 or 4 ranks up. I've found that by doing this, it makes people want to stay cause they want to build and have fun, not so they can get the next rank and the new commands. This may only be the case with English servers, but its just a thought.